Monday, February 15, 2021

Christmas 2019

 My Christmas began with Claude making pierogi on Christmas eve.  Claude came over the night before to mash potatoes and mix the filling.  The garage was too warm to keep the filling overnight, so I had to make room in the frig. 

The next day we started about 9:00 am and made 105 almost perfect pierogi.  We had about four split, not at the seam seam, but in the middle,  Perhaps the dough was stretched too much.

I lectored at the 10:00 pm mass after enjoying and singing carols along with the choir.  There was a pretty good attendance at the mass.

I had a very nice breakfast, but I think Sendik's Polish sausage was a little too salty.  I filled my table favors and set everything aside for our afternoon with the Dorns. 

I was at Peter's house at 1:30 and we took some pictures.

The temperature hit 60 degrees.  We don't have Easters that warm. 

Michele and Kevin were at Janice and Brad's and we had a warm greeting.  But then it went downhill.  I make sure I have fresh batteries in my hearing aids so that I catch all the conversation, but I should have removed my hearing aids.  After a while Michele's voice got the better of me...non-stop.  Laura contributed delicious appetizers

I prepared the pierogi

and we had a very complete dinner.

Beside the pierogi, Janice had a vegetarian meal of beans, fruit and a broccoli salad.  We finished everything off with an assortment of cookies.

Janice had some pull toys that made a noise with little tokens inside, plus crowns.  Here we are, minus Laura, because there is always too much fuss when I pull out my tripod.  Annika was also missing, since she was spending the day with her boyfriend.  Aleksei Skyped us from CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment