Saturday, August 15, 2026

Pot LuchFrank's 95th Birthday

Saturday, August 15, 2026

I made a frittata with ham, spinach, tomato, Swiss cheese, heavy cream and a dozen eggs for our pot luck breakfast.  While it was in the oven I delivered Birthday cards to Marilyn Minor, Nancy Mitchell and Julie our new resident.  I turned on the warming plate and put out items for the pot luck.  

We had one of the largest groups attending with enough food and Dwight Morgan's pancakes.  My frittata was cleaned up.

I was pretty tired, especially lifting that full cast iron pan.  I took a nap and felt refreshed.

I sat on the piazza with my knitting just before 3:00 p.m., expecting more people to assemble for Frank D'Amato's surprise party.  Frank's son was busy grilling and Frank was sprucing up tables for "some of his family" he was expecting.  All the guests had assembled in the Cannoli Room and filed out together, much to Frank's surprise.  Guests from SRS included a number of church members, plus Chuck and Jane Boecher.

There were appetizers and beverages, followed by a huge buffet with salads, fruit, Italian sausage and hamburgers.  Frank circulated among the guests.  Here he is with Mike Bruski and Jane Boecher.

I took my dessert to my balcony and had it with some hot tea, while I still watched the party from up above.

The forecast had been for thunderstorms, but the day could not have been more ideal.


No comments:

Post a Comment