Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Wild Saturday

 Saturday, September17th, 2022

Jackie, Eleanor and I met at 10:00 a.m. to plan a memorial service for Helen Smorali who died August 26th.  I left at 10:30 for my hair appointment at 11:00, which usually was adequate time.  Not today!  There was a race along either Michigan or Clybourn and I could not get on the freeway; no one else could either.  With all the rerouting, the streets were impassable; everyone was in the same predicament.  I was about 25 minutes late for my appointment.

After my hair I bought some apples at Awe Orchard, also a caramel apple and some apple cider donuts.  I stopped at P&S on Drexel to pick up some groceries and check out plants for centerpieces.  The clerk said bigger P&Ss would have a larger selection, which I will try next week.  I stopped at Wild Birds for a gift card for Laura's Birthday.

We were invited for dinner at Jay an Laura's at 5:00 p.m.   We got there exactly at 5 and it didn't look like anything was cooking.  Laura said that we're not eating here.  We're having a picnic at Hubbard Park arranged by Jay.  He had everything packed and we were ready to go.  

A wedding ceremony was just finishing when we arrived at the park and the guests were filing into the lodge.  Jay checked and got the go-ahead that we could set up our picnic, which was next to the river.  We sat on lawn chairs sipping wine/beer and munching on cheese, crackers, pretzels and olives.  Jay baked pizzas in his camp oven that we had with Caprese salad with a warm raspberry/pear crisp for dessert.  We felt a couple of sprinkles, but nothing to spoil a perfect evening.  We sat long after it got dark; it was too good to let go.



No comments:

Post a Comment