Monday, December 18, 2023

The Dorns' Gift of Food

 Friday, October 14, 2022

My Birthday present from the Dorns was an assortment of food packets from MamaSezz.  I ordered ala carte items that added up to 25 points, and Janice placed the order.

At 12:45 p.m. a husky man from Fed Ex came to my door with a large box that he said was heavy.  He put it on my counter, and it was heavy, as he said.  The items were in an insulated carton surrounded by ice pack gel.  I couldn't wait to unpack it.  Everything went into the freezer.


Saturday, October 15
I tried my first meal of Italian Herb Protein Strips that I combined with rice and braised red bell pepper.  They were spicy, hot, but not too hot.  I could not determine what spices I was tasting, but it was very good; however a little on the dry side.  After reading the serving suggestions, it would be good in a stir fry or with pasta. There is a generous amount left in the bag to try different variations.

Sunday, October 16
I cut up a few Italian Herb Protein Strips, sautéed them with some chopped red bell pepper and added them to my omelet topped with cheddar cheese.  Very good.




No comments:

Post a Comment