Thursday, September 12, 2024

Bass Bay and Much More

 Wednesday, July 3, 2024

A young lady was standing on the corner across from Pick 'n Save juggling bursting bags of groceries, plus a package of diapers.  As she tried carrying them, some fell and she would start over, with no luck gathering them in her arms.  I stopped and asked where she was going.  She said that she was going home.  I told her that she'd never make it with that load of groceries.  I told her I'd take her to her home, which she said was on Marshall Street, not too far, but incredibly far with those groceries.  Her name was Jenny and was most grateful for my help.

Only three tables at sheepshead, with not much luck.  Poor cards and weak partners didn't help.  I left early for my 4:00 p.m. hair appointment for our trip to Door County on Friday.

I told Peter to meet me at Salon Marie about 4:30 p.m. where I'd leave my car and we'd drive to Bass Bay Brewhouse for dinner.  With the weather rainy and cold the past few days, I wasn't sure we'd be going, but today was absolutely perfect: sunny, warm and calm.  Peter called as I was waiting for him that he was at Culver's.  He sounded very upset, and would not move from Culver's.  He was too upset to give me the address, like I failed to give him the address of Salon Marie.  He described where he was, and I though he meant the Culvers close to Greenfield Ave.  I managed calling him back and he said that I drove by where he was, on Forest Home Ave.  He had already left and was on Bluemound Road, heading home.  I told him to turn around and we'd meet at the Park & Ride on Hwy 100. That was a perfect arrangement and worked out very well.  We met as though nothing happened.

We waited about 45 minutes with gin and tonics for our table.  Peter had a Friday fish fry, I had grilled salmon with vegetables.  Peter took some of his home; my plate was clean.  We both enjoyed an almost perfect evening.

Walmart Madness

I needed to bring something for the pot luck tomorrow.  I did not want to buy more than I'd need, since I'd be leaving for Door County the following day.  Rupeena's was closed; I went into Walmart in West Milwaukee.  The place was crowded.  I found the recipe for grape salad that I thought I could manage and bought what I needed.  I proceeded to check-out and could not believe the long lines with overflowing carts, about 20 people in line before me, winding around the aisles.  I left my cart and left; no way did I need anything that badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment