Monday, October 7, 2024

Ninety-second Birthday

Monday, September 23, 2024

I'm having an extended celebration that started on Thursday, September 19th, with the Ladies of Lee-sure at Erv's Mug.  Cindy, Wendy, Karen, Kay, Vicki and I enjoyed a very nice luncheon, followed by a complementary ice cream for me, with chocolate sauce and a cherry presented by the staff who sang "Happy Birthday".  

We had an exceptionally nice waitress who had a sense of humor and gave us excellent service.

Today,  Sue Cottrell, Charlotte Crysdale, and Eve Sylvester treated me to lunch at Café Hollander.  After yesterday's downpour, it's hard to believe we were able to have our lunch outdoors.  The yellow jackets were a little pesky, but we managed.  I had a very nice bacon, chicken avocado wrap.

Eve drove and took us through neighborhoods that I'd never been to before.

September 24

"Happy Birthday" at breakfast; "Happy Birthday" at Book Club, "Happy Birthday" in the elevator, plus many cards and best wishes.

Janice called me from Sussex, UK; Peter called and didn't realize that we were going to the Hob Nob tonight, but there was plenty of time to spare.

Driving was messy with a steady light rain, but we were on time for our 6:30 p.m. reservation.

We were amazed by the number of cars in the Hob Nob parking area, on a rainy Tuesday.  We were seated immediately at a small table by the window.  It was chilly with loud diners at a near-by table.  The hostess asked if we would like to move to a quieter area.  The new seating was a great improvement.

Peter had a gin and tonic, I had a pinot grigio; we each had cheezy French onion soup; Peter had a spinach salad, I had tomato juice; Peter had a stuffed pork chop, I had beer battered scallops.


The waitress overheard Peter wish me a Happy Birthday, so she offered a dessert; we shared a crème broulee.

Thursday, September 26
We celebrated September Birthdays at SRS with pizzas on the piazza.  The day was great for being outdoors.  

What a treat to have Brianna and her guitar accompanist perform for us.

Wednesday, October 2
Claude invited me to dinner and suggested something near SRS.  He said that he liked Chinese, so I suggested Emperor of China, which Chuck and Jane Boecher really like.  I can see why!  It is a very lovely restaurant, and the food selection was extensive.  I had shrimp with pea pods; Claude had a chicken dish.  Both were enough for more than one meal apiece.  My shrimp were very large and the meal was delicious.  Claude enjoyed his meal also.  We had little frozen desserts to finish the meal. 

Thursday, October 3
Jackie Haessly took me to breakfast this morning.  When we go to Coffee Makes You Black, it was deserted and out of business.  I was thrilled when Jackie suggested the Plaza that I heard very much about.  It is kind of art deco style and very lovely.  I've always seen Eggs Benedict made with Canadian bacon; my Classic Eggs Benedict came with a huge slice of ham on each English muffing topped with perfectly poached eggs.  We had very good coffee, with refills.  This was indeed a wonderful treat.

Friday, October 4  Birthday Finale
Jay and Laura took me to North Point Bistro.  With all the heavy eating I've been doing, I was grateful that they suggested ordering from the appetizer menu.  I ordered a flaked smoked salmon with toast and a cup of French onion soup.

I had a special warm brownie to celebrate my Birthday.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment