Friday, October 3, 2025

AAA Frustration

 Friday, October 3, 2025

I had my COVID shot before breakfast.

Jerry led us in a good exercise lesson;

I tried calling AAA to file a claim for my car damage and almost destroyed my phone, I was so frustrated at not being able to connect to a human.

When I finally got to Latosha, she was most pleasant and assured me that she would follow through with helping me settle my claim once she received the Police report.

I spent a lot of time reading Radium Girls.

Annika was having an exam, so we did not go out to dinner.

Tuesday, October 7, 2025

I filled out a digital accident report, but it would not accept my location.  I tried every method I could think of, but no luck.  I was ready skip the group breakfast and go to the AAA office on 28th Street that opens at 8:30 a.m.  As I finished taking my shower, I thought I'd use the location that the sheriff indicated.  It worked!  I was able to complete the report and now will wait to see what happens next.

Wednesday, October 15

AAA left a message to return a call on October 8, after calling back a number of times only to leave a message, I connected with an agent.  I didn't learn much, just that it takes a while until an accident report gets posted and if I do hear from the trucking company AAA will help me settle the claim.

Friday, October 17

I really miss my side view mirror and I'm not going to wait until I hear from the other party.  I heard some good comments about Pinky's Capital Auto Body, especially from Kathy Ledvina who had extensive work done there.

I got to the garage early and it looks like a professional operation.  I waited in the waiting room that was getting a paint job while the Steven Schulz made his estimate.  I will get the mirror replaced next week at a cost of $552.36.  Steven will call me when the parts arrive to arrange for the job, which should take about an hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment