Sunday, February 14, 2021

First Weekend in June

 May 3, 2016

I had my first appointment with Joan.  She did a very nice job, but still can't compare to Donna.  On my way home I stopped at Stein's for plants to put in a couple of pots for Peter's shepherd's hook.  I had red, white and blue in mind, and Stein's has great marketing skills.  There were packs of 18 red, white and blue petunias, ready to go.  My next stop was for some suet cakes.  I planted when I got home, had some lunch and went for a shellac manicure.  It's amazing how busy that place is, even little kids getting pedicures.  Peter called while I was in the salon and we continued our conversation afterward.  We decided to go to Seven Seas for fish.  When I got home, I decided to call Seven Seas to see if they were doing outdoor dining.  That won't start until next weekend.  So Plan B was Spinnaker's in Oconomowoc.  Peter said we would meet at 5:00 p.m. at the Goerke's Corners P&R; that was also the plan if we would go to Seven Seas.  That is the first time we ever arranged  to meet there, but since it was closer to Oconomowoc, it made sense to me.  At 5:15 I called Peter and he said that he has been waiting for 15 minutes.  I looked around at this vast P&R and no way was I going to find him.  I explained where I was and he should find me. After a bit, we still couldn't find each other, and he said it's where we always meet.  I said we've never met here.  He was at Hales Corners; I was at Goerke's Corners. And he's trying to put the blame on me because I should have known not to come where I was.  He drove to meet me and after some words, we drove to Spinnaker's.  Sign on the door said "Closed permanently".   We ended up at Schwefel's.  I had a shrimp scallop combo; Peter had cod.  It was good.  We drove to see if Stuebe's were home, but Peter surmised that they must be in Germany.  There was a music festival at Lake LaBelle, but we passed on that.  It was a beautiful evening, as far as the weather was concerned, but more stressful than I'd like with the miscommunication.

On Saturday, it was the usual breakfast at Genesis and pickleball at Pulaski HS.  I started out pretty good, but fizzled out toward the end.  Peter was happy with his flower pots for his hook.  I worked on the Heritage Garden booklet the rest of the afternoon until it was ready to go to church.  After supper I put together a grape salad for the Austrian Club picnic tomorrow.

The weather looked threatening for the Austrian American picnic at Rotary Park in Menomonee Falls.  It was too cool for shorts.  We got there shortly after noon and shared a table with Mary and John McGinnes.  There was also another German singing group.  The day turned nice and sunny, but quite windy.  There were 40 chickens turning on the spits that were ready at 12:45 p.m.  They were done to perfection and seasoned to the bone.  Each person was served a half chicken, plus many side dishes and desserts that were volunteered.  There were also beverages.  The picnic cost $5.00, and we really got our money's worth.  People started drifting homeward, but Peter and I found a shady spot under a tree and stayed until almost 6:00 p.m.  Peter read while I knitted.  Just as we were about to leave it started to sprinkle.  We drove to Peter's house, where he changed and would follow me to my house.  The rain started in earnest, so hard and windy that I could hardly see the road.  Everything got a very good soaking.  Peter came over and we watched TV until it was time to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment