Sunday, February 14, 2021

Productive Day

 May 26, 2016

When we were at dominoes and there was a downpour, I looked forward to weeding my garden on Wednesday.  I got up early and wanted to get started before Claude came to hang pictures and fix the leak in my master bathroom  toilet tank.  It has been a problem for the longest time; Claude and Peter adjusted something, but it never lasted.  I got outdoors and the ground was dry as a bone, we didn't have any rain at all.  I started cleaning up under the tree, because I wanted Claude to spread the soil that was in my trunk.  My car picked up a terrible odor from the mushroom compost that was also in my trunk. 

Claude came about 10:45 and we hung pictures.  In the half bath he hung the stitchery from Vietnam, and the lavender wreath. In my bedroom he hung the print of my hemerocolus and the papyrus with my name; and the blue woman print in the master bath.  He hung Don's corn print in my computer room.

We went to Menard's for a replacement part for the toilet tank and an outlet switch with a breaker for my bathroom, as Jay recommended.  After installing the part, we still heard a leak.  Claude determined that the part that seals off the water at the bottom  of the tank was brittle and not sealing properly.  He hoped that Menard's would have a replacement, otherwise he'd have to go to a plumbing supply and finish the job tomorrow.  We were lucky that Menard's had the part.  Installation was successful, and we didn't hear any more leaks.  The association will be pleased with lower water bills.

We had ham sandwiches sometime in the interval.

Next, Claude worked on the switch.  That turned out to be the most difficult,  especially going up and down the stairs countless times to turn the current off and on.  I could have been more help by holding the flashlight when he was working with the power off.  He had multiple tries to get it working,  because there were other wires that connected other outlets.  Success finally achieved with the wires properly connected.  Claude left at about 4:45 p.m. I felt bad that we couldn't have supper together, but I had the Vagabond Board meeting at 6:30.

My last Board meeting as secretary.  I was happy to be on the Board, and glad that my term was over.  There was always a demand to attend  and the job having to prepare the minutes.  When I accept a job, it seems like no big deal, not realizing the responsibilities.  I hope I can learn to say "NO".

No comments:

Post a Comment