Monday, February 15, 2021

Shopping

 November 26, 2018

We had our first measurable snowfall through the night; some areas hit harder than others.  Franklin measured 4", most coming from the south.  My driveway, sidewalk and roads were plowed, but because there was rain beforehand, it was icy going for the paper.  I had no problem getting to Osher, which had a full class on economics, a lot of graphs, but good explanation.

I really wanted to freshen up my wardrobe from all the dowdy clothing I've been wearing, so my plan was to head for some shopping centers, Chico's in particular with their huge cyber sale.  As I'm driving, I got a call from the Blood Center asking for my donation.  I explained my low iron, but since I was eating more turkey, I might have improved in my level.  So I dropped in.  It was still low; 11, not 12.  The tech said that I should go to the Vitamin Store and get an iron supplement, which I did.  Next I drove to Kohl's on Layton. I saw nothing appealing.  As a matter of fact, the store looked more like a discount store.  I went without buying anything.  Then I headed to Southridge and bought a $100 gift card for Colin's birthday at Dick's Sporting Goods.  I parked close to the store, not realizing that I could approach the mall from inside the store.  I got to Chico's, and even at discount prices, the clothing was more than I cared to pay.  I headed to Macy's.  I bought a boxed set of Obsession.  I found a nice jacket that I matched with a nice mock turtle neck, and another white turtle neck with gold snowflakes.  It was really within my budget.  They really have very nice tops.  Then with my bags, I had to head back to my car, which was near Dick's.  As much as I hate those new drive-up stores, I can see their value in saving a lot of walking through a mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment