Monday, February 15, 2021

First Weekend in December

 December 2, 2018

Breakfast with Vagabonds was fairly well attended.  The wind was really whipping up.

I changed clothes and drove in the rain to North Point Bistro to have brunch with AAUW.  I sat at the window and watched the rain trickle down the window and the angry gray waves of the lake.  I was the highest bidder for a Haitian necklace, $40.  It should go well with a lot of colors.  The rain and wind continued, but since I was dressed for church, I went to 4:00 pm mass.  It was still raining when I got out and continued through the night.

On Sunday, I made an omelet, sausage, toast and blueberries for breakfast with coffee.  I was dressed in my most comfortable togs for my project for today: Christmas cards.  After I read the paper and watched Meet the Press, I went upstairs, took out the card table and assembled my materials.  I started by writing a letter to Annika.  Then I wanted to send a Hanukkah card to Carole Roberts and started searching for her address in my Road Scholar collection.  Success!  I found it.  And I'm sending her the card I bought last year, but didn't because I couldn't find her address.

It took me quite a while to compose my letter with what I wanted to include.  The same letter went to everyone, just changed the name/s.  That took all afternoon while I watched the Cardinals beat the pathetic Packers - at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment