Monday, February 15, 2021

Austrian American "Brunch"

 December 16, 2018

Before going to the brunch I took pictures of Peter's house.

Peter and I were just about the first ones at the Silver Spring Country Club for our annual Christmas brunch.  We passed out song books at each table of eight; many were musty and moldy after being in Frank's barn.  We helped ourselves to mimosas while we visited and greeted each other. One couple said how much they enjoyed the Stoughton trip and hoped I'd plan another.  Later flutes of champagne were available. There were two other groups doing the same thing we were doing.  Frank announced that there were some changes from last year, and they were very significant.  He said that the club would be getting a refund.  But that wouldn't compensate for the disappointment for everyone with the meager offerings.  In my anticipation, I planned on starting with shrimp and smoked salmon.  I usually have a made-to-order omelet.  None of these was visible.  Scrambled eggs, cubed potatoes, fruit, pastries, french toast and sausage was all there was.  There were many complaints.  I had only one helping of what was there, and didn't finish the Danish, which was cold.  I checked out the rest of the facility and it was barren.  The main dining area that had many entrees, desserts, chocolate fountain and Santa was empty.  The other groups had the same thing we had.  I met Eileen in the restroom and she would not come if Frank booked this place again, neither would we.

Doug and John led the singing with some women adding their renditions of poetry, history and song. 

We introduced Santa with "You Better Watch Out"

We didn't plan anything else for the rest of the afternoon.  I was home by about 4:00 pm and got busy looking for the Macy's bill (in recycling, where I also found my Franklin tax bill.)  I paid bills and wrote Annika while watching football.  Packers lost earlier to Chicago 24 - 14.


No comments:

Post a Comment