Monday, February 15, 2021

Party Time

 December 4, 2018

Peter and I went to the MARTA luncheon at the Hilton, sat with Bonny and Chuck.  Peter and I both had beef for our meal.  An ensemble from the High School of the Arts performed.  The director knew Penny Goodwyn; I could feel her influence. Then we drove to Astor and Ogden to ride on The Hop. We rode to the Intermodal Station, then Burns Commons, then back to my car.  We thought of possible stops on the route, like the City Market.  We thought we could include the Christkindlemarket, but there wouldn't be enough time.  We had to pick up Helen Hankwitz at 4:30 for the caroling at Luther Manor. We picked up Peter's car at the State Fair P &R, drove to his house to see his decorations, then it was time to pick up Helen.
A nice group gathered, mostly in red; because I wasn't home, I didn't have time to change.  I had a powerful martini, and chicken cordon bleu, which I could take some home. 

On Tuesday, I went to the wake for Jim Hempel's mother at St. Paul's church on Norwich.  I drove by Mother's house since it was in the neighborhood; it looks run down with no improvements.
Went home to collect my book for book club.  We discussed Victoria.  I was in the minority not particularly enjoying the book, but Terry was in agreement of its not a real biography, too much contrived filler.  Joy, Terry S. Terry and I had lunch at Exploriun.  I had a Swiss melt with 4 oz. of beer.  Terry ordered a cookie dessert to celebrate Terry S's birthday.  
Didn't do much else the rest of the day.  TV coverage is mostly on the life of President George Bush. 

No comments:

Post a Comment