Sunday, February 14, 2021

Start of my Journal

 April 4, 2016

Good intentions are just that if I don't follow through.  My first good intention started with the scale, which registered 149 pounds. .  I wish there were no mirrors so that I didn't have to look at my belly.  Fish fry on Friday, breakfast at Genesis, followed by lunch at AAUW didn't help. 

It was good to see Donna and Lou, back from Florida.  Lou bought a condo in Riverfront and the prospects are good that he might let us rent it. We had a lot of catching up to do about Toni and the Red Hats. 

I got to the Rep on Sunday expecting Janice for Rep in Depth. I had a queer feeling that I should have sent an email reminding her.  But since we discussed it at Easter and she has such an efficient calendar, I was sure she'd remember. I called her at 1:15 and she thought it was an evening performance.  There was enough time to get to the Rep in time, and she just made it.  I had to change my date because of the Austrian Club party, so we didn't have front row seats.  American Song was a one-man performance about a relatively normal family with one son who does a mass shooting.  Act II involved the audience in the lobby in groups of about 6, with a facilitator, discussing the play and its social impact.  We thought it was worthwhile. It was 34 degrees at 8:00 a.m., a little warmer but very windy when I was walking to the Rep, and 70 degrees when we were leaving. 

This morning the temperature was 34 degrees with not much promise of warming up.  Updated the Vagabond calendar and sent it on its way.  Cleaned out the freezer and found food that needed tossing and enough to keep me fed for a few days.  Today is the Brewers' opening day and I'm watching the game with light snow flurries out the window.

I keep thinking of Peter's bathroom flooring that he had done on Friday.  After my hair I dropped in to check on the progress.  The bathroom was done, the man was working on the hall, and Peter intended to extend the flooring as a pathway to the front door.  Why? I asked.  I guess he wanted to make use up the tiles, but bathroom tiles in the living room would look awful.  I came just in the nick of time.  There is no room  to walk in that house.


April 7, 2016
Yesterday I donated blood at 11:45 a.m.  My pulse was high at first. The tech said I probably exerted myself, which I probably did taking liquor down to the basement a couple of times.  The second time my pulse was OK.  I rested most of the afternoon until it was time to pick up the Vag calendars and get to the meeting.  The program by Monte Perkins on the Festival City Symphony was very enjoyable and informative.  Sue Cummings shouldn't even be at the meeting.  You'd think with the election coming up in May she'd have something to say besides "no report".  The Tom Anthony band provided some nice danceable music, but I took it easy not to tire myself after giving blood in the morning.  We left before 10:00 p.m.; Peter to the Schwabenhof, I went home.  Restless night.  I don't know why it takes me so long to fall asleep.

Today was a very full day.  Tim Cole (son of Vag Pam Cole) looked at my bathroom paint jobs at 10:00 a.m.  He will get back to me with a quote and can start the job in about two weeks.  He comes highly recommended by Vags.  Shopped for a kringle to take to the MG class plus other groceries.  Last class on herbaceous ornamentals.  Got home with just enough time to check email and do a few odds and ends.  I wasn't hungry enough to eat before leaving for the talk on edible gardens at the New Berlin Public Library at 6:30 p.m.  Ben Futa was passionate about convincing us how beneficial planting vegetables was instead of ornamentals.  Mary Orley approached me and asked if I was the one that posted pictures from Florida on Facebook.  She saw the same burrowing owl, even though they are quite common in Florida.  After exchanging locations, I found out that she owns a condo walking distance from the condo we stayed at. The talk lasted until 7:30 p.m. which still gave me time to get the the WAUC meeting. I'm glad I went.  We had a speaker that came because he saw a notice that Terry posted on Craig's List.  He talked about Google and held everyone's attention.  He's planning on coming again in September.  Afterward, we met at Wendy's.  Bob and I rolled our eyes a few times with Ginny's tirade "you know what I mean", countless times.  I try to block it out, but it's impossible.

Friday, April 9, 2016

I woke up this morning to white grass.  The snow keeps falling ever so lightly, but it's still snow.

I had my hair done and should have been there earlier because I needed a waxing.  Got a free  bagel from Panera's on my way home.  Didn't do much when I got home.
Got to Peter's at 5:30 intending to go to the Austrian Club meeting.   Peter asked if I saw the Austrian Club newsletter.  I had.  He was quite upset that our picture was not included in the collage of members attending Grunungfeier.  He felt if we weren't important enough to be included in that picture, we wouldn't be missed.  So we joined the Vagabonds at the Machine Shed instead.  Fred and Carol were already there, Soon a lot more filed in.  A total of forty were seated at round tables for a family style dinner.  Food was OK.  Peter had to brush snow off his car and mine when we got to his house.

No comments:

Post a Comment