Sunday, February 14, 2021

 April 10, 2016

My birdbath was frozen; no wonder at 24º.  A nice group at breakfast, then pickleball.  Ron approached me and said that he needed the article about the Master Gardener Roundtable for the Vag Life.  I just sent it to Judy Williamson before leaving for breakfast.  She sent a reply as I was talking to Ron. Sad news when we arrived at Pulaski, Ti told us that Leigh (sp) died, no idea how, but it was a shock.  I played with him often.  He wasn't especially thrilled to play with such a poor player, but I felt good when he missed some shots.  When I got home I revised the article for Ron and I'm quite satisfied with it.

I'm reading the life of Pope Francis on my Kindle.  Went to 4:00 p.m. mass.  Grilled a chicken breast with fried potatoes and frozen corn for supper.  Cleaned up the kitchen.  I think Peter will want to stay over.

Peter was doing his dishes when I got to his place and then Schwabenhof for some German Club party.  His table was cleared of all the clutter, living room looked pretty neat, and he boasted that he got rid of the head board that he bought about four years ago.  No, he didn't get rid of it, it's in the bedroom.  I said that won't work until it's attached to the bed.  I gave him until the end of May to get the job done, but that also means he will have to clean out the back bedroom.

Peter drove my car to the Schwabenhof, where there was a lot of German dancing.  I filled my stein while we watched the dancing and then danced to Johnny Hoffman.  We didn't pay admission; proceeds from raffle sales paid for the expenses.  Peter bought some tickets and he gave half to me, not realizing the my half was the part he was supposed to keep.  We had a good laugh about that.  I bought 6 for $5.00, but didn't win.  We sat with Marilyn and her gentleman friend.  They don't belong to a club, but do a lot of dancing, and we've seen them at dances.

Peter followed me home.

The weather advisory of freezing rain and sleet never materialized, but there was a steady rain.

I made scrambled eggs with fresh chives for breakfast with yogurt and strawberries and raspberries, toast and almost the last of the stolen.  We read the paper, watched TV and listened to music.  Peter noticed "Witness for the Prosecution" was being acted in Hartland.   I was surprised that he wanted to go to the theater.  He is good at finding things to do reading the paper.  I bought tickets online, and we plan on doing that next Friday after having dinner at Hoffman's Hartford Restaurant. With this wet ground Peter was not about to go on a Vag hike.  I checked movie listings and suggested seeing "Eye in the Sky" at the Ridge.  We went to the 2:20 p.m. show.  Helen Marin was an army colonel with a mission to capture, then eliminate a wanted terrorist.  The order to eliminate came when surveillance showed that a group was arming two suicide bombers.  A beautiful little girl selling bread near the target caused a halt and reconsideration of the plan.  It was very tense until the last moment.  There was enough to discuss afterward on the moral decision to bomb the target and how much collateral damage was acceptable.  Do suicide bombers consider what collateral damage they do when they blow up market places and other gathering places?  Zaffiro's is very convenient for something to eat, so we shared a sausage pizza.

We parted at the parking lot.

Monday,

I read most of the day.  I feel terrible that I don't move around more.  Jay loaned me Shopping, Seduction & Mr. Slefirdge.  It can't put it down; I'm going to enjoy the final episode of Mr. Selfridge on Masterpiece Theater.

Tuesday,

Did more reading.  We met Rudy and Toni for lunch.  Rudy is close to tears about Toni's condition, both physical and mental.  I did a few odds and ends at home before heading out to the Legion to play dominoes.  Nancy is really a thorn at our table.  She is so rigid with her "rules", even implying that Peter and I show favoritism when we play.  He played a 3 to reverse the play and I won.  She had a fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment