Sunday, February 14, 2021

Pot-a-Thon

 

April 29,2016

Potting at Master Gardener gardens is going on in earnest.  I did three so far: Bonnie Pophalm's, Carolyn Hofman's and Patty Witt's.  It's amazing how these plants thrive that we are able to get so many out of each garden.  To date: 9586 plants, with more to go.  The days have been very cold, especially yesterday, the 28th; the wind was raw besides and very strong.  About 35 - 40 MGVs show up at each place and arrange ourselves in various work stations.  It was nice to see Marie Bellin at Carolyn'; we hugged, but didn't see each other again.  I did a lot of sawing and cutting, plus lifting, which didn't help my back or arms.  It's nice when a strong man comes to our aid.  At Patty's we stopped at noon for sloppy Joes and side dishes.  It felt good to warm up after braving that cold.  I continue to marvel at the beautiful landscaping at these gardens.  Patty's especially had very much yard art amid gorgeous surroundings.  Her dining room looks out onto this landscape, which must be beautiful all year round.

When I got home I went to bed for a rest.  It didn't help that I worked a BigJig puzzle until 1:30 a.m., so I was beat.  I slept so soundly that I overslept,(I don't know if I turned off the alarm and went back to sleep) and was late for the knitting group.  I turned in four hats and picked up some more yarn.  The group was smaller than last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment