Sunday, February 14, 2021

 April 23, 2016

Jim Cole and his helper Jonathan arrived at about 8:30 a.m. to begin stripping the wallpaper from the first floor half bath and the master bath.  Under the wallpaper in the half bath someone had painted "A silly goosey lives here".  I'm sorry that I didn't take a picture.


While they were working I walked across the street to Margaret McGinn's for the MARTA finance committee meeting.  We were done shortly after noon.


Tim and Jonathan left at about 4:30.

I went to the Q & A SIG, but it was a waste of time.

Friday, April 22, 2016

Jim and Jonathan arrived at 8:30 a.m. and continued working on the bathrooms.  Before going for my hair appointment I looked for some prints to be framed.  I must have gone up and down the stairs five times, but couldn't find them. I left for my hair at 9:30.  After my hair I shopped for towels and a shower curtain at Kohl's; a lot of good bargains.  I bought three each of bath, hand and wash clothes, and a bath rug, also some summer fingertip towels.  I picked up my free bagel at Panera's.  No one was sitting outdoors and eating today, on a windy 43º day.  

I found my prints when I got home.  They had been on the landing for years, but when I had the rugs shampooed I moved them with some books.  I went to the framing place that I used before; there was a spa in its place.  I went home to check on other framing places.  There was one in Greendale, but when I got there, the listed framing place was no longer there, but another art/photo studio was in the area.  I'm having my daylily, the artist print and a Vietnamese stitchery framed.  It should cost just over $200. Tim finished the job about 3:45 p.m.  I expected the bill to be $600, the amount he quoted in his email.  But removing the wallpaper was extra; so the total came to $825?.

When they left I put up the shower curtain and washed and rearranged the drawers in the master bath.

I wish that I had time to take a nap before going for a fish fry.  I met Peter at 6:30 p.m. at Innovation.  Instead of fish we each had an Angus burger.  We had just water to drink.  We drove around until we found a parking space near Cafe Bavaria.  We each had a lager beer, very refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment