Monday, February 15, 2021

Celebrating Life and My Birthday

 October 30, 2019

Even though it was a month past my birthday, we celebrated it today together with my recovery from my kidney operation.  On a beautiful fall day, even though overcast, we started with luncheon at Eddie Martini's.  I had stroganoff; Peter had salmon.  The meals were delicious and the service impeccable.  We lingered and were in no hurry.

Next we drove close to Holy Hill to view an outstanding Halloween display, very humorous.

We thought Fox and Hounds would be open to have another drink, but they open at 4:00 pm.  So we drove to the Corners at Brookfield to see the shops.  Parking was scarce, almost like Bayshore, with mostly boutiques.  A dessert and coffee would finish our day, so we stopped at a place that looked like it specialized in bakery.  The selection was nothing to rave about.  I had a small apple pie; Peter had a lemon poppy seed cake that he said was dry.  We walked across the street to a very large Sendik's and were sorry we didn't have our dessert there.  There was a nice eating area with a lovely selection of bakery.  I bought a few groceries.  We drove to Peter's house where I had parked my car, and I drove home. 

What a lovely way to spend an afternoon.

We need to do this more often.  Instead of having a dinner shen the day is over, by having a lunch with something else to do really makes for a longer time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment