Sunday, February 14, 2021

Gemanfest

 Thursday, July 27, 2017

Peter and I drove to the Summerfest grounds to drop off the poster that I made of Austrian-Born Americans.  I asked Frank how the trip sign-up was going and he said that so far he has one person signed up.  Henelore said she didn't remember that I gave her the extra copies at the picnic; I said I would make more.

Friday, July 28, 2017

We drove to Sommers Auto in Mequon to look at a Subaru that Peter was interested in leasing. He thought he was going to think it over and make a deal closer to winter.  After hearing the terms, Peter agreed to lease the one we test drove.  Since we were in the area, we went for a fish fry in Germantown and ate outdoors.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

After breakfast and pickleball, I made Peter's August calendar and attempted printing the trip notice.  Printer didn't respond after countless tries.  I determined that I needed ink.

We met at State Fair P & R to drive to our parking area.  We would have done better taking the shuttle.  There was a long back-up into the lot.  Doug was getting anxious, because he had to conduct the Opening Ceremony orchestra.  We handled the booth until almost 9:00 p.m.

On the way home I stopped at Walmart to buy print cartridges.  I thought I left my phone wallet at home with my credit card in it.  I tried using my ECU debit card and it was rejected.  An assistant tried it on another machine, but no luck.  I drove home and when I got to my garage, my phone wallet was on the floor of the car.  I didn't want to go back, even though Walmart is open 24 hours.  I got to bed and couldn't sleep, wondering how I was going to get the trip sheets to Frank.  Finally, I gave up and drove to Walmart for ink.  After a couple of tries, the printer was still not responding, even after printing test sheets.  Then, I looked at the settings, and saw that it was set to print in PDF!  I must have printed in that format when I wanted to send Frank a copy and it saved the setting.  I got hooked on a jigsaw puzzle and didn't get to bed until 2:00 a.m.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

We met on Sunday at the State Fair P&R for the 10:30 a.m. mass, and spent the rest of the time walking around until our shift started at 4:30 - 9.

It was a very long day.  How many caps would I have knitted in that time?  I didn't bring my knitting because I didn't want to take the knitting jar with the cap that was started. We alternated getting something to eat.  Peter managed to get a brat that he was shorted last night, I got a shaum torte at Mader's;  coffee would have hit the spot, but they didn't have any. 

When we finished our shift, Peter had all of his tickets and I had 4.  He wouldn't leave without cashing them in, but now all the stands were closing, including tap beer and pretzels.  We got a can of beer and Peter left for the Goulash stand to see what he could get.  He was gone a long time, but came back with a bag of food he said was gladly given to him.  He really missed working in that stand because it had more activity.  But what would I have done alone in the culture booth knowing nothing about Austrian culture.  We got to the bus and were the only ones on until one of Peter's friends boarded.  The driver asked to make sure we were headed to State Fair because this was the last bus!  We would have had to call a cab if we had missed it.  That would have really tipped the scale with Peter.

After evaluating our time spent at Germanfest, we really didn't need to go to mass if we were going to volunteer; it made for too long a day.  Because we had work passes, we could get in free at any time and not have to spend so much time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment