Monday, February 15, 2021

Happy 2000

 Peter and I were really planning on spending New Year's Eve at my house with a dinner and watching videos.  I especially don't like going out when the weather will be bad and coming home late at night.  Peter did suggest going out to an early dinner, but I didn't care for that idea either.  At the Vagabond breakfast Ron asked if we were signed up for the Vagabond party; we said "no".  He urged us to sign up.  We both looked at each other and started thinking about it, but not for very long.  What the heck; let's do it.  I signed up on line on Sunday. 

Peter picked me up at 7:30 with five yellow roses. I was overdressed in my black gown and jacket.  I changed into a more casual outfit.  Ron was very pleased to see us.  We sat with Marilyn and Jim, Janice from dominoes, Mary, Gail and another woman.  The music was very good, with alternating fast and slow pieces and good volume.  There were relishes with chips and pretzels, then ham sandwiches and coffee with small cakes.  We danced a lot.

  Ron passed out hats and noisemakers for the midnight fanfare along with champagne.  All in all, it was a very pleasant evening.  Going home was not at all bad with a clear, crisp night.

We had eggs, toast, tangerines, stolen and coffee for breakfast.  We watched the Rose Bowl parade and football games.  The featured game was the Rose Bowl where the Badgers lost to Oregon.  It was disappointing, but with fumbles, an interception and penalties, they were bound to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment