Sunday, February 14, 2021

Pierogi 2016

December 23, 2016


Claude came over last night after I got home from Donna Kuehl's party.  He put the potatoes through the food mill and mixed the filling. We watched a movie about setting a record for bird watching. 
We got an early start with the pierogi after having our usual breakfast.  I couldn't find the pierogi press, then we realized that Claude must have taken it home with him to repair.  After filling the pasta and folding them over, Claude used my fine strainer with the wide rim to shape them and cut off the excess dough.  We had one splitter, not any fault of Claude's, but one stuck to the bottom  of the kettle. We made 81 beauties.


I wanted to buy some fresh Polish sausage at Ray's, but could hardly get in the door. I thought I'd try Sendik's on 51st and Rawson.  A butcher was waiting on me and another woman., who took my ten links of Polish sausage by mistake.  I took the remaining five and managed to find the woman with my sausage in the produce department.  I took her sausage and noticed that the ten links and five links were about the same price, over $11.00, also the package with five links was marked ground round.  The butcher punched in the wrong code!  I'll examine my meal packages more closely from now on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment