Monday, February 15, 2021

Bill Giearach

 December 26, 2018

Peter was at my house before 11:15 to go to Bill Gierach's funeral.  I said we could walk there.  Mission Hills had hardly any cars there.  Wrong Sass!  It was the Greenfield Chapel.  We made it with time to spare with a very full room.  We had a nice section for WAUC members with a lot in attendance.  Bill did not practice any religion, but his wife Monica was Catholic. 

A Mexican priest presided whom Peter knew from the First Friday Club.  He introduced himself to the priest who said the club was still going strong.  Peter knew Peter Zientek who also belonged.  So he knew my family before I knew Peter.  The service was rather brief.  We gathered afterwards at the Xavarian Mission on 51st & Xavior Dr. for a light lunch.  Peter took me home and I didn't waste any time getting to Southridge to get my 2019 Audubon  Calendar Diary.  While I was at Southridge I got Advent candles for next year and a candle snuffer.  I did some grocery shopping at Walmart on 76th, then had a pedicure and manicure.

I had some pierogi and Polish sausage for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment