Monday, February 15, 2021

December Outing

 Thursday, December 13, 2018

I had my last class on the Current Issues of the Criminal Justice System, much to everyone's disappointment that it ended.  Jim Santelle was one of the most dynamic instructors in my memory.  He wanted to relate his Irani experiences with us by bringing in a rug with figures of Justice woven in, also bakery from a Dearborn MI bakery that makes Iranian bakery as close to the native product that Jim knows.  It was so flaky and delicious, three different kinds.  I feel comfortable parking my car, now that I know where to park and get quick access to the elevator and UWM.

When I got home and got the mail, the day was so nice and mild that I decided (after some debating) to call Peter to go the Christkindlmarket.  I originally thought of going next Tuesday, when I had nothing on my schedule.  But, who knows what the weather would be next Tuesday.  Peter was thrilled to take me up on that suggestion.  I think I couldn't have given him a better Christmas present.

We met at the SF P&R and Peter managed to find an un-metered parking spot not too far from the Fiserv Forum.  We walked through the stalls with hundreds of ornaments, clothing, jewelry, Christmas Nativity pieces, and food.  I bought some Danish licorice and Peter a bag of cookies.  We walked to the Wisconsin Cheese Mart and sampled cheeses.  I bought a Colby Swiss, Peter two different kinds and got a container of spread as a bonus.  We walked down the block to Usinger's.  I was interested in some wieners.  There were only a few customers in the store, and the service just didn't seem to be moving.  I wasn't that hungry, so we walked out.  I wonder what they did when there was really a rush.

Peter found another un-metered spot that we could walk to the BMO Harris Bank Christmas display.  They have stuffed animals that are used every year, but are dressed and arranged to fit a selected theme.  This year's theme was Dr. Seuss.  It was beautiful and imaginative.  It brought to life many of the books that I read to my first graders, especially my favorite, Horton Hatches the Egg.  I liked that book because it brought out the importance of being faithful and keeping your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment