Monday, February 15, 2021

Blood Donation

 June 23, 2000

The last session of Spirituality and Justice was much better than the previous ones; I almost was not going to attend as were a lot of people, only nine in attendance.  Laurie asked Jackie about her personal involvement and that sparked a lot of Jackie's background as an activist.

The Blood Center sent an appeal for a desperate need of blood, so I thought I'd give it a try after almost two years of low iron counts.  I've been taking an iron supplement for quite a while and it really paid off.  My iron was way above the required count; the required level is 12.5, mine was 15.5!  Blood pressure was also good.  The only problem was that my right arm, which I generally use, was not cooperating, so I had to get stuck again for my left arm.  Everything went well.  I rested for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment