Monday, February 15, 2021

End of June

 Where did June go?  It seems I did nothing noteworthy; I feel so useless.  Reading, knitting watching TV mostly occupy my time.  Osher has filled some of my time, also Jean Martyn that I find very enjoyable.

I ordered groceries from Pick 'n' Save this time; they were out of Cheerios!  There must have been a special sale.  I ordered chicken breasts and got a huge family pack.  One breast was more than enough for one person.  I halved each and planned my Friday dinner for Peter and me using one chicken breast using a recipe I discovered on Facebook. The only place that I was able to find a jar of roasted red peppers was at Fresh Thyme, which I picked up after my hair; they also had Boursin garlic and herb cheese.  It's a very nice specialty store; it does not have as many items like cereal as big food chains. I put some spinach, a few strips of baked red peppers and garlic and herb cream cheese on each breast, then wrapped a bacon strip around, securing it with tooth picks.  I made salad and used the cauliflower from last week that I roasted with garlic and a bit or red pepper flakes.  Peter came while it was raining pretty hard, so he parked in the garage.  The meal was delicious; I don't know when I enjoyed cauliflower more; I wish that I had more.  We watched some prerecorded programs in the evening.

I made a fritata with spinach, garlic and peppers topped with guriere cheese, blueberries and yogurt for breakfast.  After breakfast we went to Home Depot for mulch for me, some plants for Peter.  Since we were in the neighborhood we paid a visit to Rudy.  He made coffee and we talked and he told me countless times how good I looked.  I'm glad I never bought one of those single serving coffee makers.  What an abuse of plastic, and each serving is barely a cup. 

Peter unloaded my three bags of red mulch and was on his way.

I went to 4:00 pm mass that was sparsely attended.  I had a delicious chicken breast sandwich and salad for my supper. 

Sunday, June 28th

After breakfast of a leftover fritata, I spread two bags of mulch on the garden and did a thorough watering.  Mostly relaxed the remainder of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment