Sunday, February 14, 2021

Devil's Lake

 

Saturday, June 17, 2017

I made a chicken salad yesterday, and thought I needed something else to go with it, so I picked up some Stella D'Oro bread sticks and other snacks before the store closed.

I was at the College Ave. P&R very early, the first one; Peter would get picked up at Goerke's Corners.  That meant the I had to load everything in the bus: aluminum chairs, cooler, dominoes, picnic tote and my knitting/personal bag.  We got to our area about 11:15 a.m.  It could have been earlier had the driver taken a different route; we had to circle around the lake.  Peter went with Ron and a few other guys to secure a spot for our group.  We had a nice shady area right by the lake, under some nice trees, after we moved a table.  Sabiheh joined us.  Peter went on a strenuous hike on a rather humid day.  He came back regretting it; it was very difficult climbing many uneven steps, hills, and slippery paths.  He was pretty sweaty.  I took a walk to the concession building and around the parking lot, where I met Sabiheh and we continued our walk. I also did my knitting. We had our salad, which was very good with grapes and bread sticks.  Peter had a beer; I had a wine.  Ron led a group on another hike in a different direction, but not everyone from the first hike joined him.  We sat in circles and talked, but there wasn't much else to do.  Sabiheh bought my an ice cream cone, which melted quickly and had to get some fast licking.  At 5:30 p.m. we started heading for the bus even though Ron had not returned from his hike.  Because we had a later departure meant we needed to stop for something to eat.  I just got out of the bus for awhile, because I wasn't hungry.  We had light rain most of the way home, turning to steady, and pouring on the last leg towards College Ave.  Fortunately, I had my raincoat, which really was necessary to get all of my gear from the bus to my car.  Peter made some suggestions for the trip next year; I said we aren't going next year.  He quite agreed.  There are a lot of things to do that would be more fulfilling for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment