Sunday, February 14, 2021

Beginning of June

 June 6, 2017

Terry and Bob came over on Wednesday evening to meet Hello Dolly and set our Kindles to share books.  It took a phone call with a helpful agent that got us matched.  Terry is always harping about my leaving Hello Dolly alone while I'm in Florida.  If it weren't for one of her cats, she would take her while I was gone.  I'm glad it wouldn't work out, because I don't want Hello Dolly to learn bad habits like going on the table, counter and stove.

June is bustin' out all over with a gorgeous day.  Hello Dolly was one year old on May 20, and is due for indoor adult food.  While at PetCo a lady stopped me as I was reading the package of Science Diet.  She said it is one of the worst, many recalls.  She feeds her cat only canned food; I said I feed only dry.  She kind of raised her eyebrows.  So I started reading the ratings online and selected another brand.

Since I was so close to the blood center, I stopped in without an appointment.  I had low iron the last time due to being run down with bronchitis.  My iron was up, and I could donate.  While I was being tested, Peter called. The tech had difficulty finding my vein and needed help; also it seemed to take longer this time.  I did reading and knitting to relax.  Peter's call was to drive out the Fox and Hounds for dinner, since I told him last night that I had nothing planned.  But donating blood gets me a little tired, and I should rest, especially since we have a WAUC meeting in the evening.

I got a call from Carol at Bic's Place Restaurant regarding the menu and price for the buffet lunch on our September 2nd trip.  I called Frank Schmitz with the details and he approved.  He was ill with a virus, and planned to see a doctor on Monday.  He said he'd be fine for the picnic on Sunday.  I called him again to add another detail.

At the WAUC meeting I made a motion that we should begin the process of changing the by-laws to eliminate life membership.  I could see jaws drop. It got a second.  When I asked what organization compensates its officers and former officers with paid membership, Terry said, "The government".  I said that is not an organization.  How inappropriate was that?  The motion carried to begin the process.  Terry did not vote.  The attendance was sparse, maybe fifteen people.  We went to Wendy's after; nothing was mentioned about my motion.

I was just about to doze off, when the phone rang at about 12:30 a.m.  Frank said another name; I said, "This is Marcia".  He obviously dialed the wrong number.  He said he fell out of bed and couldn't get up; he couldn't dial 911.  I asked if he wanted me to call 911; he said I should.  When I called and gave the information the dispatcher wanted to know if I knew this person.  I said that I did, and he was satisfied.  The call had to be transferred to the Hartland area. The amazing thing is that since I had called Frank earlier in the day I had his address and phone number on my desk, just to walk over and it was there in the middle of the night.

Saturday, June 2, 2017

I tried calling Frank a number of times, but got no answer.  I left a message on Hannelore Boehm's phone, but got no reply.  After my hair, I picked up Bubble Gum petunias and potting soil at Stein's to fill the planter Peter gave me for my upper deck.  I can mention that I'd like something and invariably he has the item stashed away in his trove.  Peter called to say that Hannelore called him and wanted to know how I was the one to call 911.  She is house sitting in Burlington and obviously didn't get my phone message.  I'm sure she is baffled by all of this.



No comments:

Post a Comment