Monday, February 15, 2021

St. Sava Serbian Orthidox Cathedral

 July 20, 2018



I had been on the wait list for this tour, but a few days ago I got an e-mail that there was an opening.  It's a drizzly day, but stopped enough before 10:00 a.m. for us to gather in the church.  I took a few pictures before the priest/pastor began his talk about the history, construction, St, Sava, and many questions.  In the middle of the talk, my phone rang,,,embarrassing.  It was Tom to arrange picking up his radios for the Culture booth.  I called him back at a more convenient moment and we agreed to meet at 10:00 a.m. on Monday at the McDonald's  on 27th and Ramsey.  The priest talked until about 11:15.  I stayed a little longer to take a few more pictures,

then joined the rest of our group of about 40 for lunch at Serb Hall.  Lunch is not served at Serb Hall, but we were served as a group.  The fried fish was very good,  but I ate very little, taking two large pieces in a box.  I anticipated having dinner with Peter at either Copper Dock or Fox and Hounds.
When I got home I worked on the Culture booth poster board.  I was so frustrated when I can't print some of the pictures.  I solved the problem by printing to PDF and the printing the document.
Peter and I talked on the phone and canceled our dinner plans.  There is intermittent rain, and not a good day for a drive to somewhere on the outskirts.  Since we are planning on going to the concert at Pius HS tomorrow,  Peter suggested Balistreri's on Bluemound before the concert, which would give us plenty of time for the concert.  In the meantime,  Ron sent a message about the club's boat ride tonight.  Right now it's pouring.  We are so lucky we didn't plan on going.

No comments:

Post a Comment