Monday, February 15, 2021

World Cup

 July 11, 2018

Peter was at my house at 8:30 a.m. just as I was reading the paper outside after eating breakfast.  We took off for the Croatian Park to watch the final soccer game: France vs Croatia.  It promised to be a hot day.  We marked two front seats in the clubhouse to watch the game.  There were many TVs set up on the grounds.  Peter bought himself a hardy breakfast for $5.00 and we sat outside on a picnic table.  The people were filing in at a fast pace.  Someone behind my said my name, and it was my neighbor Bob.  He chatted with Peter, who had much in common with the game.  We enjoyed the game, especially when Croatia tied the score 1 - 1.  Unfortunately the TV we were watching lost signal and we watched the TV at the bar.

It was very exciting getting energy from the crowd during the high points.  At half time I met Mike Proskow.  Unfortunately, Croatia ended up on the short end of a 4-2 score.

We stopped at Pick 'n Save on Rawson to pick up some ham, rolls, potato salad, Swiss cheese for lunch with some nice Bing cherries.  After lunch we took a drive in search of a beer garden, ending up at South Shore Park, but it wasn't what Peter was looking for.  We ended up at St. Francis Brewery and sat outdoors.  There was a delightful breeze and it was very pleasant.  We each had a beer, then ordered a pizza, which I thought was a little too doughy. 

It was still too hot to water the garden when we got home; I waited until 8:00 p.m.



No comments:

Post a Comment