Monday, February 15, 2021

MG Summer Trip

 July 13, 2018

The bus left State Fair Park and Ride at 7:30 a.m. and made good time to pick up the second group at Bayshore.  My seat companion was Edna, a very active and involved lady.  She also knew Diane Olson through Go Hiking.  We are on our way to Sheboygan to Christopher Farm and Gardens, lunch and Bookworm Gardens.

We were met at Christopher Farm and Gardens by two guides who gave us some history of the gardens and its mission. 

It was originally a horse farm, so the first thing we saw was a statue of a horse with an uplifted hoof that had a horseshoe that was found on the grounds.

We were told that we would be walking about two hours.  The pavement was rather level so walking was not difficult on this slightly overcast day, with a gentle breeze off the lake; the property is right next the lake.  We covered a lot of area, and as the day was beginning to get warmer, I was beginning to feel the strain in my calves.  I was here a few years ago, but there has been quite a lot of additions.  Everything is well marked and arranged according to themes.

Like the Asian Garden.

A huge vegetable garden.

A woodland garden

Jurassic Park, which was added since I was here last.

and a Prayer garden.

There was so much to see in the two hours that we were there.

We went to Sprecher for lunch.  I had a golden amber beer with my Ruben, that was very good.

Our next stop was the Bookworm Gardens arranged around children's literature.  We had a very good guide that took us through the grounds.  Now it was getting pretty warm.  Much of the equipment and statuary is donated by various groups, and it was very imaginative.

I was pretty exhausted by the time I got on the bus to go home.  I called Peter when we got to Bayshore and we agreed that I needed to rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment