Sunday, February 14, 2021

Eventful Sunday

 October 29, 2017

I went to the 8:30 a.m. mass on a fresh, sunny day.  When I got home, the garage door opened only about 8 inches, then closed.  I noticed a cable hanging from the top or the door.  I parked, went through the front door and investigated from the inside.  The door didn't open and I noticed a cable hanging from the inside on the opposite side.  I looked up the garage door repair I had previously and planned on calling them on Monday.

I fixed a two-egg omelet with cheese, blackberries and coffee (no toast), read the paper, watched TV, did a little knitting until it was time to leave for Weinfest.  I took my brandy apple spice cake to the car, got in, no keys!  By checking the garage door, I was distracted and didn't attach the keys to my purse; I was locked out.  I managed to pull the garage door up enough for me to crawl under and get in the house for my keys.  It was a tight squeeze, but I managed.

I got to the Schwabenhof with my dessert.  Peter was there and upset that the doors didn't open, but the side door was open for members to set up the hall.  I cut my dessert; one of the ladies thought the pieces were too small, so I made a bigger portion on each plate.  Most of the desserts were fancier, and they went like hotcakes.  Mine was not a big taker.  I'll have to make something more appealing next time; although this dessert was very delicious, if anyone had tried it.

We had a nice chorus and a very nice program.  Peter took Tony home, who will be 94 next Tuesday.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment