Sunday, February 14, 2021

October 2016

 October 18, 2016

A good start of October with the Vag breakfast. I didn't play pickleball because I attended the AAUW meeting.  Took some nice pictures of our project, Dress for Success, with donated business type clothing

On Sunday, October 3rd, Peter and I went to see Man of LaMancha.  Peter said it was the best thing he saw in his life; I was very moved by it.  We went to Rock Bottom and waited for the Vagabonds to finish the Festival Symphony and joined them for dinner.  We shared a sausage platter.

During the week there was Book Club on Tuesday, discussing the ?Project.  I went to a CE program on Pollinators in Brookfield.

Wednesday was the Vagabond meeting.  I collected sigh-ups for the fish fry.  Thursday, the WAUC meeting with a great program on Google.  Friday we joined the Vagabonds for fish fry at the Chancery.  We had a sizeable group.

On Saturday we had our Vagabond breakfast, then drove to Hartford to the Auto Museum, an excellent experience.

The group went to Machine Shed to eat, we decided to go to the Cedarburg Octoberfest.  We stayed for awhile, then wanted to check out the beer garden in Grafton.  It wouldn't start until 5:00 p.m., and would have just been a few musicians playing in front of a bar.  We went back to Cedarburg and stayed until almost closing.

Because I wanted to play pickleball at Franklin H.S. at 10:00 a.m., I wouldn't have time to get to the 8:00 a.m. mass. So I postponed mass until 6:00 p.m. at Our Lady of Lourdes.  Pickleball was intense.  I played with Leroy, Sandy and Gotham without stopping, only stopping to exchange positions on the court.  It was a very good workout.

Monday was the first Potpourri class at Osher about the textile industry, very informative.  

Tuesday was another Osher program on the Presidential elections.  That was very stimulating for this timely topic.  That was followed by Knotty Knitters and dominoes.

On Wednesday, the 12th, I went to the Master Gardener meeting followed by the Garden Support meeting.

On Friday, I had my hair cut, fish fry at Alioto's, then to the Austrian Club meeting.  We stayed afterwards to practice for the Weinfest chorus.

Saturday we had breakfast with the Vagabonds, but skipped outdoor pickleball at Juneau because it was very windy; it would have been very frustrating hitting that ball where we wanted it to go.  We ushered at In Tandem for Dracula vs the Nazis, a senseless play, that I didn't understand.  It didn't get a very good review either.

I played pickleball at Franklin HS, again steady and intense.  We picked poker chips to determine which court we'd play on.  That made for a nice rotation.

I rested, watched the Bears get beat, then decided to go to the Octoberfest at Our Lady of Lourdes.  As I was driving on 60th St. I spotted a yard sign that said it ended at 3:00 p.m. and it was already 3:15.  I went home and watched the Packers get beat by Dallas, a very sad performance.

During the week I left my navy fleece Blood Center jacket somewhere.  I called Osher and the sheriff's dept. in Waukesha where we had our MG meeting.  It wasn't there.  I feel just sick about it, because I felt so proud wearing that jacket for all of my donations.  I left a message at the Blood Center inquiring if I could purchase one.

On Monday the Potpourri program was on the Southwest Wis. Symphony orchestra, located mostly in Franklin.  I checked again about my jacket, but no one found it.  I planned on going to the Blood Center in Greenfield after the WAUC lunch to see if I could purchase one.  Five minutes before leaving for the WAUC lunch, a woman from the Blood Center called and said they would send me another jacket in appreciation for my loyal donations.  I could have cried, I was so overjoyed.

I got up earlier for my 8:00 a.m. ultra sound appointment at West Allis.  As I was going for the paper, I noticed my tree was down.  I unscrewed the bird house before having breakfast.  I was supposed to have two appointments, but the radiologist was able to combine them.  I called Jeff Hunt about my tree and cut down all the peonies while painters worked on my building.

My iris is blooming a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment