Sunday, February 14, 2021

Family Weekend 2016

Friday, December 9, 2016
Claude and I left at about 2:30 p.m. after my hair appointment. We arrived at the Landhaus Inn at about 4:30.  Jay was already there after being in the area for his father's funeral. After we all assembled we walked to the Sweet River Pizza Restaurant where we each ordered different entrees .   I finished off a whole 10-inch pizza.  We played Say Anything, which moved along at a nice pace and was a lot of fun.

Saturday, December 10, 2016
The inn serves a substantial breakfast ,  which should carry us pretty well I to the afternoon .  Jay drove us to the Duluth Trading Company Outlet store.  Laura bought a leather purse, that I said would be too heavy, but I bought one also.  I also found a cute pair of shoes that would be fine for pickleball; my other shoes pinch my toes.  I hope these do the trick. We drove to Paoli, a little town with a lot of art galleries.  We had fun browsing through the shops.  Laura found some items; I bought a hat pin for my red hat.  When we got back to the Inn, we had some cheese and crackers.  Colin had arrived and we split up: the guys went to the brewery, the girls, downtown shopping.  After sampling some wine, I bought two bottles on Pinto Grigio.  We didn't explore all of the shops; it was starting to snow and we don't really spend a lot of time shopping.
Laura showed me a trivia game she plays on her tablet called Quizmo; I downloaded it, and now I'm hooked. We spent the rest of the afternoon in our room.  Claude was really impressed with the brewery tour, quite upgraded from the last time he visited.  
We can expect so e accumulation of snow . 

BY 6:15 p.mp, we were assembled I  the lobby for our dinner at Kristi's Restaurant.  We had a small room to ourselves and a very attentive waitress.  I ordered fillet medallions, with roasted red potatoes and deep fried mushrooms ;  it was delicious . Everyone seemed to enjoy whatever they chose.  It was a very pleasant dining experience.

When we got back to the Inn, we gathered in the Sorensens' room to celebrate birthdays and enjoy Janice's heavenly angel food cake.  We played Apples to Apples until about 11:00 p.m. Jay had more than double the wins than anybody.

Sunday, December 11, 2016
A good breakfast with omelets this morning.  there was a lot of snow to brush off the car before driving to the 11:00 a.m. mass at St. Francis Parish in Belville.  I drove on snow packed roads, taking my time.  We made it just in time.  Claude drove the rest of the way.  Roads are mostly clear with light traffic.

I looked forward to the Christmas concert at St. Mary's in Elm Grove, but the roads look pretty bad with a lot of snow.  Peter agreed with my decision .

No comments:

Post a Comment