Sunday, February 14, 2021

First Weekend in September 2016

 September 9, 2016

I made cupcakes for the Austrian Club meeting before having my nair colored.   Kristina colored my hair; it seems darker than my natural color.
I got a response from Wilder Snodgrass regarding renting his home in Portsmouth.  It is luxurious and I'm very excited about it.  I let the time get away on me a d realized we would not get to Alioto's in time for our 5:45 reservation.  I tried calling Peter to see if we could meet there ; no luck.  I got to his house at 5:45, he wasn't dressed.  He had been at the Y. We got to Alioto's after 6 and were fortunate to get seated without too much delay.  Peter said we had plenty of time and not to rush.  It took a while to get our bill, even though we asked for it at the time we were being served.   Peter still thought we had plenty of time as we were going to the car, until I told him the meeting was at 7; he thought it was at 7:30.  We were late, naturally.  They sang Happy Birthday to me separately.  After the meeting we had gin and tonics at Boulder Junction.


It rained during the night and looked like more on the way.  We checked at Juneau for pickleball.  A few people were there, but it was too wet.  We turned I  our applicstions and left.  I did some grocery shopping which included a bottle of wine for Nancy Mathews' birthday.   I lectored at the 4:00 p.m. mass and Peter was at my house afterwards to drive to the party at a bar in  Mukwonago.  Nancy ' s daughter and son-in-law owned it.  There was a huge gathering of relatives, people who worked for her, friends and Vagabonds.   We stayed until about 8:30 and headed home.  Peter stayed over.  We watched "Oceans Eleven", but Peter fell asleep, even though he insisted that he saw the whole movie, untl I asked him questions about it.   We had a good laugh about it.


We had an omelet for breakfast,  read the paper and watched the news.  Peter planned to go on the bike ride with the Vagabonds and I was going to meet him  afterwards at the St. Francis Brewery.   He was going to call me when he was through.   I went to see Mr. Smith Goes to Washington at the Franklin Library and turned off my phone.   I kept checking my phone for the Packers score and noticed that Peter had called me about 10 minutes ago.  I tried calling him back, but kept getting a busy signal.   I got to the brewery and some Vagabonds were already there.  Sue Cummings said Peter came late.  I finally reached Peter and he was at John Reitzi's house and John would drive him to the brewery.  After he got there Judy Hawras called me because they lost Peter.   She was relieved when I told her that he was at the brewery.   I guess when he realized he was in  South Milwaukee and the group was so split up he decided to go to the Reitzis.  We shared a pizza then picked up Peter's car at the park and visited John and Olie.  Their son Eddy from Texas was staying with them because of John's failing health.  He was very alarmed when he came to the house and found the doors unlocked, garage door open and lights on while they took Peter to the brewery.   He didn't know what to think. Everything turned out well, but if I had my phone turned on in the first place and got Peter's initial call a lot of the mix-up would have been avoided.

No comments:

Post a Comment