Thursday, February 18, 2021

Magic Jack

January 28, 2021

Today I am totally whipped after trying to get my Magic Jack to work. I hooked up the phone on Monday and called Spectrum to discontinue my service (big mistake).  When I talked to someone at MJ to arrange for my home phone to be ported over, the person said they would contact Spectrum to get that arranged.  This morning's e-mail from MJ said that the number could not be ported over since it does not exist.  I called Spectrum and was told after long waits and thanking me for my patience, that it could not be ported over. 

I was not getting a dial tone on my other phones in the house.  By some miracle I got a person on the line and got myself established with MJ, but the dial tone was not resolved.  The guy kept telling my that there is something wrong with my phone lines.  This is all in my nightgown, before taking a shower and breakfast.  I called Terry, and she suggested calling Bill Regner, who seems to know everything about MJ.  I got myself started for the day and decided to give him a call.  What a gem!  I didn't connect it correctly.  I never removed the phone line from the modem, which is supposed to go into the MJ.  Once I did that, the phones were getting a dial tone.

My next problem was getting the phone to give the caller a code number to press.  Terry and Bill's phones did that.  I had the service activated, but I never got that message when I called.  After numerous tries, it finally worked; how that happened I can't say.  But everything seems to be working.

Janice called me to my cell and she didn't think much of such a service and wondered why I just didn't use my cell as my primary phone. The thought occurred to my, but I didn't follow through.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment