Monday, February 15, 2021

Landscaping

 The summer of 2019 was not a good year for tending my garden.  After returning from our Ireland/Scotland vacation during which time would have been good to work in the garden, it was very rainy, too wet to work in the garden.  Unfortunately, the weeds thrived.  I was too involved with doctor appointments and fatigue took over.  Little did I know that it all related to my kidney infection.  My garden never looked so bad.

Time to bite the bullet and have all this mess cleared out.  I called Bluemel's and Igor evaluated the situation.  He would put sod in most of the garden, plant hydrangeas and grasses in front and hostas next to the garage.  He would leave a small planting area next to the front door for a cost of $2,015.64.  He scheduled the work for the first part of November.  On October 31st we had 6" of snow!  Then bitter cold.  So much for my landscaping.  He said it would have to wait until spring.

May 11, 2020

On a bright Monday morning Igor and his crew of four arrived to do the work.  Igor and I reviewed what would be done, then he left to let them proceed.  I was so pleased with their work and the finished effect.  I hung four $20 bills, one for each of the workers; they were very appreciative.  I don't think too many people make that gesture.



No comments:

Post a Comment