Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Book Club,. Lunch and Movie (Almost)

 Tuesday, August 2, 2022

We had one of the most lively book discussions for The Patron Saint of Liars, by Ann Patchett.  Everyone except Kathy had reasons to dislike Rose and her lack of parenting skills.  Kathy defended her for various reasons, but did not totally enjoy the book.  Some of us had lunch at First Watch which replaced Ruby Tuesday at Southridge.  The place is light and spacious.  We had to rush eating, because we wanted to see "Where the Crawdads Sing".  I had a very large salad that was quite good, but had to have most of it boxed.  When we got to the theater, I barely made it to the restroom, because I was reacting to the salad.  I excused myself from seeing the movie which was for the best.  The effects of the salad still lingered.

The afternoon wasn't altogether lost; Briana was our performer for the afternoon and I watched from the best seat in the house on my balcony.



No comments:

Post a Comment