Wednesday, May 6, 2026

Tumble

Wednesday, May 6, 2026

We are getting a bedbug check with the dog today.  I was trying to get Dolly into the bathroom, when she darted away, and I tried catching her.  I tumbled on my back.  I was able to get up, but with a lot of pain,

Thursday, May 7,

I started making lemon bars for the WAUC picnic, when Peter called suggesting we have lunch.  I ordered sandwiches from Panera's, Peter picked up the order and we ate at SRS.

I played dominos, but have to watch how I move; I get sharp pains if I move the wrong way.

I finished the lemon bars, moving cautiously.

I took the Lyft to the WAUC picnic, Peter joined the table with Terry, Bob and some others.  There was n abundance of food with brats, Italian sausage and chicken.

I felt mostly out of the conversation.  Feeling more miserable as the time went on.  I decided to skip BINGO and left.

Friday, May 8

I had a restful night, but had a lot of pain going to the bathroom.  I'm walking with a lot of pain, and bending is impossible.

I decided to skip the symphony.

After taking a couple Tylenols, I felt somewhat better, and could walk without too much pain, I changed my mind and went to the symphony after all.

It was an unusual program with scenes on the screen with actors along with the music.  "Mark Twain" made an appearance looking forward to the bi-centennial of our country.

Sunday, May 10

When I awoke to use the bathroom, I could barely move getting out of bed. All along my waist and into my stomach, the pain was unbearable.

I took two Tylenols hoping to make it through mass.  I was Lector 2.  I managed getting through it without too much trouble.

Peter and I picked up Annika on Menlo Blvd.; she hadn't move yet.  We backtracked and got to Brad and Janice's along with Claude, shortly after 3:00 p.m.

Monday, May 11

Again, getting out of bed was very painful.  I've been using the heating pad which seems to give me some relief.  Two Tylenols also helped my get through the MARTA luncheon.

Tuesday, May12

Another morning of agonizing pain going to the bathroom and starting the day.

Wednesday, May 13, Claude's Birthday

Claude was going to take me to Milleager's today to shop for plants for my balcony.

I called Claude a little after 8:00 a.m. and asked if he would take me to Mt. Sinai to get my back X-rayed instead of Milleager's.  He agreed; it was his first suggestion when I fell.

Admission was pretty straightforward; high blood pressure, but everything else was fine.

I was placed in Room 8 and seen be a doctor who took my information.  After checking my body for pain, he suggested a CT Scan to check not only my bones, but my internal organs.

I was hooked up to a monitor, got my blood drawn and had an IV that will put dye in my system for the scan.

I waited quite a long time for the scan to happen.  Finally, I was wheeled into a room with a machine with what looked like a huge donut.  I held my breath at intervals while the machine did its work. It would take 45 minutes to an hour to get the results.

Claude had been waiting in the waiting room all this time; I wanted him with me when I got the results.  I had a little problem calling him because he forgot his phone and was unfamiliar with my phone that he was using.  We finally connected and he waited until the doctor came.

I do not have any broken bones.  I have: Closed compression fracture of body of L1 vertebra.  No surgery is required, but I have prescription for  (HYDROcordon-acetaminophin (NORCO).

Claude hung my begonias that he had been wintering, filled my planters and did some fiddling with my computer.  

Sixty-five years ago he was born at St. Luke's Hospital; on his sixty-fifth birthday, he was with me at Mt. Sinai Hospital.

To celebrate his birthday, we had dinner at Harry's Bar and Grill.





No comments:

Post a Comment