Tuesday, October 19, 2021

October Outing

Monday, October 18, 2021 

On a beautiful sunny afternoon Peter and I headed out to Basse's Taste of Country in Colgate for their Pumpkin Fest that Peter heard about.  The $12.95 admission per person did not appeal to us; we exited.  Our original plan was the Holy Hill Skeleton display, which is fun and free, but we always leave a donation.  The theme is Surfin' USA.







We couldn't omit a stop at Holy Hill since we were so near.  It was a good time for some meditation and to admire this fabulous shrine.





There was a half-hour wait at the Fox and Hounds, but we did not mind waiting, since it was so early.  Instead of heavy meals, we both ordered salads: salmon for Peter, bourbon chicken over spinach for me.  Both were very filling and delicious.

We finished the evening doing some grocery shopping and put to use my new shopping cart that Peter just happened to "have in stock".

But to end on a sour note, I forgot my fob and we were locked out.  It took a number of tries using my phone; that needs some practice.  Once in, Barbara was down getting her mail and Dan was walking the dog.

1 comment:

  1. It was a beautiful sunny Day to spend outdoors,
    My best Friend Marcia and I had a very good time !

    ReplyDelete