Sunday, October 24, 2021

Winefest/Open House

 Sunday, October 24, 2021

I had a quick cup of coffee and a cookie in the Trattoria after mass before driving to the Schwabenhof for the Austrian Club Winefest.  Peter was already there putting up banners with Jim.  I would be taking admissions. We did not have a Winefest last year because of COVID, and it was questionable if we would have it this year. Therefore, the attendance was light.    Doug did a marvelous job putting the event together with the short amount of time he had, plus the limited number of participants.  There was not a chorus, which I had been part of in the past.  We would not have been able to practice.  





I left at about 4:15 p.m. to take part in the Saint Rita Square Open House.  A few people organized this event where anyone willing to have their apartment open to view could sign up; there were also sign-ups for refreshments.  Eight apartments were open for viewing.  I was amazed to see each apartment so beautifully decorated with lovely furnishings and accessories.  Most were two-bedroom, so there was more to work with.  I kept thinking of Laura with each apartment that I visited.  When we toured SRS to choose my apartment they were empty, hard to visualize how they would look furnished.  I originally offered to show mine, but I'm glad I backed out, because mine would look pretty meager compared to the others.  I keep telling myself that my apartment is "functional", and it really is.  But I'm comfortable, and I think that's all that matters.
There was a plentiful assortment of food in the Connoli Room.  I don't know who's going to eat it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment