Friday, June 28, 2024

Ash Wednesday/Valentine's Day

February 14, 2024 

Ash Wednesday/Valentine's Day

After breakfast I passed out my little Valentine cards; I should have done that yesterday.  I was short a few because of new people.  We are full at the present time.  I didn't finish because the Town Hall meeting was at 11:00 a.m.  We were notified that there was a break-in in the garage and unlocked cars had glove boxes opened, including mine!  When I took Dolly to the vet everything from my glove box was scattered.  I thought it was when I was looking for the Astor gate opener and I didn't put things back. My lovely Singapore purse with all my merchant cards was gone, and I might have had some change in a smaller purse.  We are instructed to lock our cars in the garage and be sure that no one follows us in.

I read at the noon mass,

We had a Valentine party at 2:00 p.m. that was a combination of the cocktail hour with cookies and other snacks.  Mikka hosted the cocktail hour with a pink cocktail with either vodka or gin in stemmed glasses rimmed with sugar. and garnished with a strawberry slice.



Rita Edwards has her cocktail, with ashes still on her forehead.
                            

You can tell who the Catholics are.



I stopped working on a knitted cap to drive Charlotte to the Whitefish Bay Library to return the device for listening to audio books.

We had some nice stories about someone that inspired you at the story sharing time in the evening.  Jeanne Heinen showed us a scrapbook that she recently received from a former student.

No comments:

Post a Comment