Friday, June 28, 2024

Austrian American Meeting, Super Bowl

 Sunday, February 11, 2024

Peter and I attended the first Austrian American meeting of 2024.  Peter counted 17 people attending.

I skipped the pot luck, since I didn't have time to prepare anything.  I didn't care to go since many of us wanted to watch the Super Bowl.

I put together a dip for pretzels.  I should have mixed it last night to have it chill, but it chilled for about an hour.

Ron, Kathy and Rita were in the Club Room when I arrived for the pre-game program, but we had a pretty full room by game time.  Everyone carried in something to eat and we had a counter full: a huge taco salad, a taco dip, pretzels and dip, Dwight brought chicken wings, there was a veggie platter, Cheri brought barbecued meat balls, Marilyn brought brownie cup cakes with fresh strawberries.  She served her dessert before we stopped at half time.

I was getting discouraged with the Chiefs; they were not commanding the field as I expected, and they were trailing.  The game was tied at 19 at the end of regular play.  The Chiefs did not disappoint with a stunning touchdown in overtime.to win 25 - 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment