Monday, September 28, 2026

Morning Disaster

Monday, September 28, 2026

My knitting needles were delivered in an outrageously large box that I wanted to share with the breakfast group.  I placed the carton on my walker with my tray with cereal, milk, banana and cup on top.  As I left my apartment, the tray dropped off the walker, causing my beautiful, favorite bowl from Donald to break, plus a cup.  Jim and Eldeen Carpenter helped sweep up the mess, but I am heartbroken by the loss.

I'm starting to work on caps for the MARTA December luncheon and found a simple pattern with a decrease stitch I'm not familiar with.  I encountered a mistake when I selected the Toddler size instead of the Kid, I ripped when I found a dropped stitch that I could not pick up, and I was decreasing incorrectly.  I never did a SSK, and could not understand the pattern telling me that I decreased 8 stitches when I only did 4.  The cap did not look right, so I ripped again before the decrease.  Good old YouTube, which I should have consulted first, showed me exactly how to do this decrease.

As I was going to meet the Needlework Group, Shirley Bascom asked if I was going to play sheepshead with Bob Koebert at the Catholic Home.  I thought someone else might have liked to go, so I was not planning on going.  Since a fifth player was needed, I gladly agreed.

Chuck Boucher drove Shirley, Jack Champagne and me

We met Annie Hahn, who is recuperating after collapsing in her apartment.

Bob had a room reserved for us, the same as last week.

We played for and hour, and I'm sure we lifted Bob's spirits.




No comments:

Post a Comment