Thursday, September 24, 2026

My 94th

Thursday, September 24, 2026

Since my Birthday fell on the same day as the Complementary Happy Hour, I thought it would be nice to treat SRS with cake.  Abby Hauser said that she would provide plates, napkins and forks and the kitchen staff would cut the cake.

I ordered a full sheet pan carrot cake from Sima's, and Peter agreed to deliver it.

Before breakfast on Monday, I asked Chef Ein if there would be someone to cut the cake. He apologized and said that he was short staffed, and could not do it.

I sat next to Cheri Franch and told her what Ein said.  "I can cut the cake she said"; my problem was solved.

Peter brought the cake with his gift of a dozen yellow roses and a Birthday balloon.

Cheri was equipped with an assortment of knives for any culinary purpose, plus latex gloves and serving pieces.  As she cut the cake, Terri Miller placed the pieces on plates to serve one of the largest gatherings in the trattoria.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1PDgT9sfTW/

I was hoping Laura would join us; however, she said that she was unable to come because she had a dinner guest. Then, when I wasn't paying attention, Laura was at my side with a vase of beautiful flowers.  I was speechless, since I was not expecting her.  I was so happy to introduce her to many residents who had heard so much about her.

The cake was an absolute winner, with a good portion to freeze.

The numerous cards that I received had beautiful personal messages that I will treasure.


2 comments:

  1. Love you Marcia and wishing you many more. Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautyful celebration for Marcia"s 94 th Birthday !

    ReplyDelete