Friday, August 20, 2021

Das Fest

 Saturday, August 14, 2020

Peter suggested going to Das Fest in Elkhorn, and I agreed; it was too lovely a day to be indoors.  It was almost an hour ride from my house, but very pleasant.

We bought six tickets for $30, thinking that we needed tickets for food and beer; they were only for beer.  We located a large tent and found Rosemarie Stuebe and her family and joined them.  Peter had steins which were handy to share a large can of beer at a time.  We stayed until the music seemed too loud and found another stage, and found the Stuebes there also.  On the way we scouted the food stands and bought a Hungarian brat for Peter and a hot dog for me, both satisfying.  We listened to a nice group while we sat on benches in the shade.  We shared three large cans of beer, which was just about all that we could drink, and had three tickets left.  On the way out I asked a couple if they would like to buy the three tickets.  I told them they were worth $12, but I'd sell them for $10.  Without question, the lady offered me $12.


                                   The Royal Court

The day stayed perfect and it was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment