Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Lot Happening on Tuesday

 August 3, 2021

I had a dental appointment at 10:30 a.m., just the usual cleaning.  I had less tartar this time, probably due to more vigorous brushing.

I got to the Clement Manor for the book club; Terry was moderator.  We had a good discussion of  All the Ways We Said Goodbye, with not too many really liking the book.  I told Terry I would not be going to lunch and I can see that she is very disappointed that we are seeing each other less frequently.  Because the WAUC lunch is also on the same day as sheepshead, I will not be going to that either.  I really could care less about WAUC lunches.

I got back with not too much time before we played sheepshead at 2:30 p.m., first time for nickels.  Jack is a great organizer, keeping everyone paying the right amount, especially doublers.

Mass was at 4:00 p.m., followed by dinner with delicious meat loaf.

There was a very nice Farmers Market set up outside with a lot of produce, hand made articles and jewelry.  I'm sorry that my wallet was in my room (or maybe that's a good thing).

I watched the Olympics, and probably was dozing when my table phone rang.  I got up too quickly, twisted while reaching for it and landed on the floor, stubbing my toes.  So, not only can't I walk without effort, I have two stubbed toes.

I thought Claude had called me, so I called him back.  He really didn't, but we talked about my fall and sent me a link regarding my condition.  It's not too uncommon in people my age.  I'll be making an appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment