Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Peter's Birthday

 General clean-up, folding laundry, deadheading plants, both in the tower and my balcony.  I saw a good-sized cucumber in the tower; it should be ready for picking very soon.  I met Lanore at the tower and she had such nice things to say about Peter whom she met at dinner on Saturday.

I put a reservation for Copper Dock with Google.  When I didn't get any results, I decided to call.  After the general message, another followed that the restaurant would be closed this week.  Peter thought the forecast wasn't very favorable, plus a longer distance and suggested Pandl's.  I made reservations for 6:30 p.m.

I lost 50 cents playing sheepshead.

We both enjoyed lovely dinners: jaegerschnitzel for Peter, scallops for me.  We had a leisurely dinner, with impeccable service.  Midway through, the skies opened up.  We lingered over a shared schaum torte and coffee.  We were the last to leave.  

On the way home we dodged many downed large branches blown down during the storm.  Peter suggested an overnight, which I rebuffed.


No comments:

Post a Comment