Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Stormy Weather

 Wednesday, August 11, 2021

We've had plenty of rain.  It poured on Saturday that spoiled our outing to German American Day at Carl Schurz Park.  We had a good downpour on Monday morning, but cleared up before my therapy session.  It poured while we were eating at Jack Pandl's on Peter's birthday, blowing down many branches that we saw on our way home.  When I got home the power was sporadic: No TV, no landline phone, and some outlets were dead; the hallways had low lighting.  This morning there was no hot water, no stove or microwave.  I managed to find an outlet with power and made coffee in my coffee maker.  I sat out on the balcony and read until a stiff wind came alone with threatening skies. 

And all this during State Fair.  We are not going this year because bus service on the Freeway Flier has been cancelled due to lack of drivers.  It was so convenient being dropped off at the gate.

No meals were served.  I called Lucky Liu's for a take-out on Thursday.  The lady apologized saying they were closed because of the power failure.  

We were restored to full power at about 11:30 a.m. on Thursday.  We had a nice gathering for complimentary Happy Hour, but there was not enough time for the dining room to be open.  I picked up a meatball sandwich at Glorioso's before picking up my prescription.

No comments:

Post a Comment