Thursday, November 4, 2021

Cards and Reunion

 Thursday, November 4, 2021

My project for today was making cards for SRS birthdays.  I had two sheets of white card stock, but when I put them in the printer the Austrian Club Membership list got printed on them.  Then I cut the colored card stock wrong, but the smaller version worked better without matting the pictures, but I had to rearrange the text boxes to have everything placed right.  I printed four sheets of vellum and three sheets got smeared with ink because vellum takes longer to dry.  I finally made eight cards, but it took me the entire morning.

Chuck, Jane and I played dominoes until Happy Hour.

As we were visiting during Happy Hour, Connie mentioned more than once that her friend is joining her for dinner tonight.  Her friend's name is Marilyn, then she specified that her friend's name is Marilyn Schroeder.  I said I know Marilyn, she lives on Frederick Ave.  That's the one.  Connie was so thrilled that Marilyn would meet another friend.  And Marilyn was really surprised to see me when she walked in.  As we were in line for dinner (buffet on Thursdays; Mexican today) my across the hall neighbor Alan was in conversation with Marilyn.  They knew each other from years back and have kept in touch through the years.  I arranged two tables together in the dining room for Connie, Patti, Marilyn, Alan and myself.  There was non-stop talking, picking up where everyone left off.  Many memories and stories were shared.  Marilyn lives not too far away; I'm sure that she'll be returning.

No comments:

Post a Comment