Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Creative Monday

 Monday, November 22, 2021

I worked on Thanksgiving place card boxes.  I used photos instead of names and they turned out really nice.

I'll fill them with trail mix.

The SRS bus was out of commission so Cookie offered to drive Lanore and me to the Jewish Museum.  The featured exhibit was Scrap Yard.


There were displays and videos of how scrap was collected and processed; copper being the most valuable metal.


The rest of the museum was on the settlement of Milwaukee, a timeline of events and notable people in our community; I spotted a photo of  Dr. Weil, my psychology professor.  It was a worthwhile visit.

Cookie mentioned the origami wreaths she was teaching.  I said I'd love to learn how, but I'm in Hales Corners playing sheepshead when she was teaching it.  She offered to show me how.  I met her in the Trattoria at 3:00 p.m. with my origami papers and we went to it.  The folding isn't too complicated, but assembling takes more time and skill.  I managed to complete one.

Then I made another with smaller paper.  It kept falling apart, but I managed to hold it together.


It might look nice with a little sparkles.


No comments:

Post a Comment